What Services Are Available?
- Sensory integration therapy
- Developmental facilitation for babies and young children
- Play and/or emotional development intervention
- Movement and motor skills facilitation
- Visual perceptual skills facilitation
- Therapeutic Listening to address auditory processing issues
- Organisational, planning and memory strategies
- Therapy for adults - including analysing the workplace and providing coping strategies to overcome sensory processing issues at work
- Therapy for children - including home & school visits to provide coping strategies
- Parent and baby/toddler groups to encourage optimal development of the young child
- Registered with FaHCSIA to provide services for clients on the ASD spectrum
- Small group therapy programs
- Joint Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology sessions
Who Can Benefit From This Approach?
Babies, toddlers, children, teenagers and adults not coping with the demands of everyday life at home, at school or at work, including:
- High levels of anxiety
- Poor concentration and/or attention
- Clumsiness, poor motor skills
- Poor sensory processing
- Difficulty with planning/organizing personal space, a typical day or objects in a room, desk or bag
- Sleeping issues
- Toileting issues
- Clients diagnosed on the ASD spectrum
- Clients diagnosed with ADHD or ADD
- Clients diagnosed with Sensory and / or Auditory Processing issues
Elderly people may benefit from Modified Equipment Prescription or Home Modifications to support their individual needs.
We believe in:
- early intervention
- a team approach to ensure the best outcome for the client
- accurate and intensive assessment, identifying underlying issues for behaviour
- parent/family involvement and support
- when needed, teacher involvement and support
- regular therapy sessions to address sensory processing and foundations for movement and learning
- home and school programs to compliment therapy sessions
- home and school visits as needed
You do not need a referral to see and Occupational Therapist. However, your doctor, psychiatrist or paediatrician may determine that you meet criteria for referral through the Medicare scheme. It is possible to claim Medicare rebates for individual and group occupational therapy sessions with a specific referral. Please contact your private health fund to discuss your personal eligibility to claim occupational therapy sessions. (more)
Recommend This Business
The review system is a way for customers of this business to easily share their opinion. By sharing your experience with this business, you help other consumers find the right business for them! By leaving a review, you also earn STARPOINTS. Starpoints can be redeemed for cash or prizes like iTunes giftcards. Find out more about Starpoints here.
Some tips when posting a review: When writing a review, see if you can be as balanced as possible. What did you like, what didn't you like? Here are some things to think about - How was the customer service? How was the product or service quality? How was the price/value? Please also check and adhere to the editorial guidelines when posting a review.