We are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to the handling of Personal Information.
2. What Personal Information we collect
- Users - We collect information from Users including user name, e-mail address and information regarding your activity on the Site and Site password.
- Local Businesses - We collect information from Local Businesses including names, phone numbers, email addresses, identification details, Site password and other information you choose to provide.
- Other - We may collect and use certain non-personal information such as the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider to optimise our goods and services to you.
- We may also acquire information from other sources, such as from other companies and from other public documents.
3. Your access to the Site
The Personal Information we collect from you enables us to operate the Site and provide the content. If you do not provide us with this Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with full access to the Site.
4. What we will not do with your Personal Information
We will keep all Personal Information we receive from you confidential and will not sell or knowingly divulge such Personal Information to any third parties, unless:
- the Personal Information is received from a Local Business as a Listing and the Local Business has requested it be published on the Site;
- we are required to share your Personal Information with a third party in order to comply with the law or to comply with a court order or subpoena;
- we receive a claim from a third party that you have breached any law;
- it is necessary to enforce our Site rules;
- it is necessary to provide it to our third party service providers and contractors, if any, such as data storage providers or direct debit providers who will be subject to strict contractual privacy obligations; or
- it is necessary to protect the safety and security of our Users and our Site.
5. What we will do with your Personal Information
The Personal Information collected by StartLocal® will be used for providing Users with information. We use the Personal Information collected to provide our services to you in the following ways:
- to enable us to provide you with personalised content;
- to enable us to send you product lists;
- to enable us to send you email announcements or advertisements; and
- to enable us to offer you links to other websites. When clicking on links to other websites, we encourage you to read their own privacy policies. Their standards may differ from ours.
6. Public Information
Any Personal Information posted on our Site becomes public information. While we strive to protect and respect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information which you post online.
7. Keeping Personal Information secure
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your Personal Information. We will use a variety of physical and electronic security measures including restricting physical access to our offices and firewalls and secure databases to keep your Personal Information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
8. How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information?
The Personal Information we hold about you (such as your name and email address) is kept so that we may correctly identify you.
You can update this Personal Information at anytime by logging onto the Site. Alternatively, upon your request, we will correct or delete inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information we hold about you.
You have a right to get a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. To request access, please use the contact form provided.
If you do not want information collected through Cookies, most internet browsers allow you to deny or accept Cookies.
Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our Users based on their visits to StartLocal® and other sites on the Internet.
If you reasonably believe that there has been an unauthorised disclosure of your Personal Information, please contact us by using the contact form provided.
If our policy on information collection or usage changes, we will update this notice accordingly. We reserve the right to change this notice at any time.