- How can I get my business listed on your site?
- How do I add a free business listing vs a paid Featured Listing?
- What is the difference between a free listing and a Featured Listing?
- How do I get maximum exposure at StartLocal?
- What is included in my free profile?
- How could the Featured Listing help my business?
- How much is a Featured Listing and where do I get one?
- Do you accept all businesses?
- How does your public recommendations and voting system work?
- How do I use your search? How can I get a higher ranking?
- How come my business does not appear for it's relevant keywords in your search results?
- Can I be listed under multiple categories?
- How long will it take to be listed on StartLocal®?
- I've lost my password. How can I get it back?
- I am already listed on your site, but my details are incorrect, how can I fix this and take control of my listing?
- I've found a business with inaccurate details, how can I get this changed?
- I've found a business that no longer exists how can I get it removed?
- I've encountered an error with your site, where can I report it?
Listing a business is 100% free for a basic registered listing and is done via this page. Simply fill out your business details and verify your email address and you are on your way to being listed on the site. Once your details are submitted they will be reviewed to eliminate spam. Each new business submission will join the approval queue and is done on a first come first served basis. It will normally not take more than 1-2 business days for your listing to be reviewed.
Here's the short version:
The first page of the Add Business Process is for your free listing and then on the second page you'll be able to immediately see what it would cost to get a Featured Listing, how many pages of the site you will appear on and even be able to see how many potential customers would have seen your listing last month if you had been advertising then.
Here's the longer version:
To add a free listing just fill in the form on the first page of the Add Business Process and validate your email address (if you haven't done so before).
To add a Featured Listing just fill in the form on the first page of the Add Business Process with your business details and then use the form on the next page to see what areas you can get access to with a Featured Listing.
Remember that there is no obligation to add a paid listing, our free listings will always be free. A paid listing just dramatically increases your exposure and the geographical area from which you can get customers.
Your free listing will appear in your subcategories on only the suburb that your business is in (as well as relevant searches within that location). This will be from 1-3 pages depending on how many subcategories you select. It is also possible to appear on surrounding pages when potential customers do a radius expand from that page.
A Featured Listing will appear in your subcategories on every suburb page within the area you select to advertise in and will appear in a highlighted position above or to the right of the regular local businesses on that page. This could be from 5-10,000+ pages depending on which suburbs or regions you select.
If you only need to access customers from your suburb then a free listing is all you'll need. However, if you'd like to put your business in front of targeted customers from your surrounding suburbs or from one or more whole regions then you can do so quickly and inexpensively with a Featured Listing.
You'll get a detailed business profile page where new customers can get instant access to:
- Your contact and location information (with Google map) so people can easily find your business
- Your businesses specialties and your detailed business description so your new customers know exactly why they should choose you
- Up to four images you can upload to show off your products or services
- Up to three PDF documents you can upload so people can, for example, find your price list or menu easily
- A quick enquiry form so people can easily send an email direct to your inbox
- A link to your website (so make sure you submit a URL)
If you have a business that gets its new customers from more than just one suburb then a Featured Listing will ensure that your business has a highlighted position on all the suburbs (or regions) you select. This means that when a customer from another suburb is searching for your type of business, they will be able to see your listing there.
The page you are on right now is the first step out of two total steps. On the current page you can enter your details for your free listing and on the next page you will have the option to immediately upgrade your listing to a Featured Listing. You will also be able to see the exact costs and the number of extra views your listing would have received in the results pages last month if you had been advertising with that Featured Listing.
No. Start Local is a local Australian business directory. All businesses submitted to Start Local are approved manually by our internal team. This means that your business must have some kind of real, local presence. We do allow online businesses that are based in Australia (with a real Australian address) and ship products to Australian addresses. This does not include online businesses that do not provide a physical product. All businesses are approved manually by our internal team.
You can read more about the public recommendations and voting system here.
You can read more about our search engine and ranking system here.