The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Queensland (RSPCA Qld) is the stateâ€TMs oldest, largest and leading animal welfare charity, dedicated to improving the lives of all domestic, farmed and native animals throughout Queensland.
RSPCA Qld requires $30 million annually to support our animal centres, programs and services. As a non-government, community based charity, RSPCA Qld receives less than 1% of government funding and relies on donations, bequests and sponsorships from ordinary Queenslanders, just like you.
RSPCA Qld supports animal welfare through the following areas of operation: Shelters, Inspectorate, Animal Ambulance, Veterinary Services, Wildlife programs, Behaviour Assessment, Adoption and re-homing programs, Lost and Found service, Volunteer program, Education program, Bequest and Pet Legacy program, Fundraising, Animal Training Centres, Publicity and Campaign promotion.
The RSPCA considers that an animal's welfare should be considered in terms of five freedoms:
1. Freedom from Hunger and Thirst â€" by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour
2. Freedom from Discomfort â€" by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
3. Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease â€" by prevention by rapid diagnosis and treatment
4. Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour - by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animalâ€TMs own kind
5. Freedom from Fear and Distress â€" by insuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering
Recommend This Business
The review system is a way for customers of this business to easily share their opinion. By sharing your experience with this business, you help other consumers find the right business for them! By leaving a review, you also earn STARPOINTS. Starpoints can be redeemed for cash or prizes like iTunes giftcards. Find out more about Starpoints here.
Some tips when posting a review: When writing a review, see if you can be as balanced as possible. What did you like, what didn't you like? Here are some things to think about - How was the customer service? How was the product or service quality? How was the price/value? Please also check and adhere to the editorial guidelines when posting a review.