Phone number: (02) 8798....
Mobile number: 0419 49....
Fax number: (02) 9757....
Email: Click to view
|Mon: 9:00am - 5:00pm||Tue: 9:00am - 5:00pm||Wed: 9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thu: 9:00am - 5:00pm||Fri: 9:00am - 5:00pm||Sat: 9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sun: ---||Public Hols: ---|
Inclusive Connect has developed a childhood development assessment tool (Copyright) for children in the childcare and preschool setting using the Early Years Learning Framework. It can be used on all children, but is especially suited for children with special needs and uses each of the learning outcomes in the Early Years Learning Framework.
Why Use our Assessment?
1) We are specialists in the field. The assessment has been developed by Kat Wieczorek-Ghisso and Fiona Ann. Kat (B.Teach Early Childhood, BA Early Childhood, M.Ed in Early Childhood) one of the co-founders, is a well recognized early childhood specialist with extensive experience extending nearly 20 years in Children's Services. Kat also consults and supports services with the effective implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and has been recognized for this by Childcare NSW. Kat currently lectures at University in Early Childhood. Fiona Ann (B.Sp Path, B.A educ, B.Teach Primary) has over 14 years experience working as Speech Pathologist in a variety of fields. Fiona has delivered training to childcare centres on identifying children with communication impairments and learning difficulties as well as training on working with children who have communication impairments. Fiona currently has a successful private speech pathology practice and has been a guest lecturer for a number of Universities. Fiona has extensive experience in working with children and in identifying children with learning, developmental, social, emotional and communication needs.
2) The assessment checklist is easy to use. It will be available online, you will get a computer generated individual log in for each child you assess and can enter the survey at any time. We are conscious of your busy schedule as childcare educators and have created it in an easy to use format.
3) The assessment focuses on child development and is specifically created using the Early Years Learning Framework. The language within the assessment has been simplified from the EYLF.
4) The assessment focuses on the child's transition to school
5) After completing the assessment tool online, you will receive a report and a plan for the child based on the results eg it is recommended you visit a speech pathologist based on the results in Outcome 5, or based on the combinations of a number of outcomes, it is suggested the child visit a paediatrician.
6) The tool is useful in communicating to parents, in explaining the concerns you may have with the child as well as putting them at ease as it generates a plan for the child. Breaking news to parents can be difficult. We make this step easier.
7) The assessment tool is colour coded allowing you to get a clear picture of where the child is at in terms of their development.
When will it be available?
The assessment has already been developed. The online tool will be available shortly.
How do I register my interest in using this tool in my centre?
If you are interested in receiving this tool please call Kat, and also email us. Please leave your name and phone number when you email. (more)
Recommend This Business
The review system is a way for customers of this business to easily share their opinion. By sharing your experience with this business, you help other consumers find the right business for them! By leaving a review, you also earn STARPOINTS. Starpoints can be redeemed for cash or prizes like iTunes giftcards. Find out more about Starpoints here.
Some tips when posting a review: When writing a review, see if you can be as balanced as possible. What did you like, what didn't you like? Here are some things to think about - How was the customer service? How was the product or service quality? How was the price/value? Please also check and adhere to the editorial guidelines when posting a review.