A D Ryans was built in the later part of last century. In the early 1900's it was owned privately; and by mid 1920's it became the local butchers. It was then converted into a restaurant in the early 1990's, and A D Ryans has grown in popularity ever since. The nostalgic eloquence of he restaurant has attached much interest from patrons. The original meat stores are still intact at the basement level of the restaurant.