Are you looking for the most popular naturopaths in Australia?
If so, you're in the right place because you can use StartLocal® to easily find local businesses.
User Guide To Naturopaths
Naturopathy or natural medicine is a practice which relies on natural herb, plants and the human body's capacity to heal itself. Naturopathy tries to use a minimal amount of surgery or drugs for the healing process. The term Naturopathy was coined by John Scheel in 1895 however the practices it is based on date back to the earliest recorded histories of mankind.
At the start of the 20th century Naturopathy or natural therapies saw a decline in their popularity however they have been slowly regaining their stature as a trusted alternative to conventional medicine over the last several years.
How Does Naturopathy Work
Naturopaths do no usually advocate the use of modern synthetic drugs or invasive surgical procedures. They instead rely on practices such as stress reduction, proper diet, natural supplementation and healthy lifestyle in order to prevent the onset of diseases.
The practice of Naturopathy revolves around it six basic core principles. They are:
- Primum non Nocere: All treatments should provide the least amount of risk to the patient
- Vis medicatrix naturae: The body's ability to heal itself is promoted as a vital tool for fighting illness
- Tolle Causum: The treatment should be focused on the root cause of the illness and not just its symptoms
- Doctor as Teacher: Therapist educate their patients about how to live a healthier life
- Treat the Whole Person: Naturopathy take a holistic approach to medicine taking into account the individuals entire body and formulating a treatment accordingly
- Health Promotion: Help their patients to make changes in their lifestyle to promote a healthier world
Naturopathy is more a philosophy than a specific medical practice. Therapists may use a number of alternative medical treatments to help their patients such as:
- Applied Kinesiology
- Botanical Medicines
- Colonic Enemas
Benefits of Naturopathy
Naturopathy can be beneficial to a number of people as most of the methods used are non invasive and painless. This has attracted a number of people to this form of healing. Another benefit is that the holistic approach helps to ensure that you are not just suppressing symptoms or treating only one aspect of the illness.
Things to Consider Before Starting Therapy
Before engaging with a naturopathy therapist it is important to: